So, I’m way behind in my reviews. I’ll never catch up, especially since I’m reading new books and getting behind in those. So, I declare bankruptcy on the following books. I’ll give them my rating, and maybe a sentence or two about it. One day I might go back and do a full review, but I make no promises.
- Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert. A pop-psych book that presents some very good research on the psychology of happiness.
- Mainspring by Jay Lake. Er… Sapient monkey sex?
- Escapement by Jay Lake. An improvement, largely effected by changing up the characters and ditching inter-species intercourse.
- The Collapsium by Wil McCarthy. Some serious hard sci fi in a world of abundance and immortality.
- Wellstone by Wil McCarthy. The same as the above, but with a bit less flow.
On Writing by Stephen King. Half memoir and half guide to writing.
- Norse Code, by Greg van Eekhout.